Friday, August 9, 2013

Harry Potter Re-read Day 10

So, as you can see, I'm doing it in two weeks this time.

I'm taking my time with it this time. I'm also finding that I'm getting way more emotional over these books, this time.

Goblet of Fire: This is the first time that I was upset about Cedric dying (in the past, I've kind of skated over it and viewed it more as a plot device). It really hit me that he is a genuinely decent human being. I don't know how else to say it. So that was upsetting. Also, as a side note Barty Crouch Jr. did a really good job of pretending to be moody. Someone give the lunatic a prize.

Order of the Phoenix:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5)
In keeping with the lack of matching in the Harry Potter collection at my place of residence. The first hardcover in the collection (we finally got caught up). This book is falling apart. The front cover is taped on and the back is water-stained. 
I have found in my soul a new depth of loathing for Umbridge. I seem to dislike her more and more each time I read the books. Between her and Bellatrix later on, there are some characters I dislike as much as Voldemort. Both Umbridge and Bellatrix like to play with people, albeit in different ways. They just like to cause suffering. They find it enjoyable. And I hate that. (By the way- minor spoiler- what happens to Umbridge anyway, I mean they leave her in that courtroom unconscious with a couple of Dementors...)

No comments :

Post a Comment