Sunday, August 24, 2014

Bout of Books 11: Day 6 and 7

I almost managed to have daily updates, too. But then things happened, as things are wont to do.

Books

  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince: 124 (now on page 374, though I hope to get a bit more done after posting this)

Challenge

5 Books 

Suddenly I am seeing the attraction of e-readers. I could pocket my whole library and run. (Plan of the hypothetical alien apocalypse: quickly purchase ALL OF THE E-BOOKS, put on Kindle laptop app, allow to download while packing supplies, grab laptop- and five physical books- and run.)

1. The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater- because this book is basically my soul
2. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan- because Kami is a delight
3. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- because how can I not bring Harry Potter?
4. Dragonfly by Julia Golding- because adventure-high fantasy is a comfort
5. SAS Survival Handbook- because, you know, it seems like complete societal collapse is imminent

*these are just books I own. Another book that would be on this list, were it a part of my collection, would the The Knowledge, which is basically an instruction manual for rebooting modern society in the event of aforementioned collapse.

No comments :

Post a Comment