Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Bout of Books 12: Day 1 Update

... once this post is up I'll be all caught up (I mean, I'm late for the challenges, but at least I'm caught up). Yay me!

Read

  • Winterspell: 170 pages
I know, it is kind of feeble, but it was the first day of classes and I had to watch Lord of the Rings (well... I didn't have to. But I did).

Challenges

Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt
There aren't any pictures because my sibling stole the SD card from the camera.
1. Find an author with the same initials as you
On my bookshelf, zero. I don't have an author with the same initials as me there. There are plenty that have the same first initial, though.
2. Find a book with the color yellow on it
My copy of Maximum Ride: This Should Have Been the Last Book Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports is basically entirely yellow-toned.
3. Find an author’s name with the letter “S” in it
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater.
4. Find a book with a female protagonist
Fire by Kristen Cashore.
5. Find the longest book you own
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare.
6. Find a book with a map in it or on it
Unmade by Sarah Rees Brennan.
7. Find a book with a face on it (photograph or illustrated)
Wondrous Strange by Lesley Livingston.
Bonus: Find something on your shelf that isn’t a book.
... do notebooks count? Ah. Sketching pencils that I got in high school. 
New Year's Resolutions
I do have a list of new years resolution-y things already, but have some more, in a different format. I'm not really huge on New Year's resolutions... so this is more "here's what I would like to do this year" stuff.
From So Simple a Beginning (the four great works of Charles Darwin, compiled by Edward O. Wilson): Will I finish this? Probably not. But represents something that I want to read this year: natural science books. It is also a ginormous monster book.
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien: I need to reread this. I reread a lot anyway, but LotR can still be a bit daunting. It is, however, I world that I want to explore again, I feel like I missed a lot the first time through. (Why does this list seem to consist of ginormous monster books?)

1 comment :

  1. I completely agree that should have been the last book. Ugh. Great finds! Thanks for playing along. :)
    Stefani @ Caught Read Handed

    ReplyDelete