Sunday, May 31, 2015

May Wrap-Up

This is late because I dropped the ball. In more ways than one, since it kind of turned out to be a bad reading month (I blame exams, but really, I think I've just been in a bit of a reading slump).

Read:

  • The Sin Eater's Daughter by Melissa Salisbury
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
  • Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
  • The Start of Me and You by Emery Road
  • The Wondrous and the Wicked by Page Morgan
  • The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry
  • The Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge
  • An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
  • The Girl at Midnight by Melissa Grey


Re-read:

  •  Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
  • Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo
  • Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo


Purchased:

  • Outbreak! Plagues that Changed History: There was a copy of this in the back of the math classroom when I was in eighth grade, and I was fascinated by it. I've wanted to get a copy of my own since then.
  • The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi: I already have a bind-up, but I caved and bought these for vanity reasons (I love Tony DiTerlizzi's art on the original hardcovers.)
  • Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre: I've been meaning to read this since it was first released.
  • The Bane Chronicles by Cassandra Clare, Sarah Rees Brennan, and Maureen Johnson: I have  weird relationship with the Shadowhunters books (I've decided to call them that, for simplicity's sake).
  • Deadly by Julie Chibarro: *Suddenly notices epidemiology theme of book purchases*
  • Rebel Nation by Shaunta Grimes: I read Viral Nation a while ago, so I snagged this off Book Outlet
  • The Scandalous Sisterhood of Prickwillow Place by Julie Berry: This was a fun Middle Grade novel.
  • Summer and Bird by Kathrine Catmull: I'm smitten with the cover, and the story sounds neat.
  • The Shadowhunter's Codex by Cassandra Clare and Joshua Lewis: See above comment on my feelings about these books. Overall, I enjoy them, I also really like Cassandra Jean's artwork.
  • Sea Change by S. M. Wheeler: This caught my eye a while ago, it sounds beautiful.
  • The Search for Wonderla by Tony DiTerlizzi: I believe I've mentioned how much I like Tony DiTelizzi's art? 

No comments :

Post a Comment