Monday, August 17, 2015

Bout of Books 14: Day 1

Books

  • A History of Glitter and Blood by Hannah Moskowitz: 142 pages
  • Ink and Bone: The Great Library by Rachel Caine: 8 pages (I think...)
My page count is seriously not great today, because Netflix. I'll probably do some more reading tonight.

Challenge

The challenge today is to choose books set in a place that isn't where I currently reside. I'm in Canada, so we're not going to do that. There are some books set in Canada.

Five books set in Paris (because themes, I think this is still within the rules- Paris is a pretty big city). Once upon a time I went to Paris, but I was, quite honestly overwhelmed and jet lagged. I don't think I was mentally ready, and I'm hoping to go again at some point in my life. (My French is rather dreadful, I would have to brush up.) I've only been to a few of the places mentioned in these books...
  • Belle Epoque: Historical fiction.
  • The Beautiful and the Cursed by Page Morgan: Historical fantasy. About les grotesques (the things you probably call gargoyles).
  • The Magician by Michael Scott: Urban-(ish) fantasy. When I was in Paris, I stayed in an apartment across the street from Nicholas Flamel's house on Rue St. Montmorency! Its a restaurant now. 
  • Rook by Sharon Cameron: Post-apocalyptic. Inspired by The Scarlet Pimpernel.
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I felt compelled to include some kind of contemporary novel. I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about this book.

No comments :

Post a Comment