Friday, October 30, 2015

October DNF

Title: Lair of Dreams (Diviners #2)
Author: Libba Bray
In nine weeks I got 400 pages in, which isn't bad. I am actually fairly likely to come back and finish this one at some point, just because I didn't get 400 pages in to give up now. (It had to go back to the library, so my finishing it has been postponed indefinitely).

I always have a hard time getting through Libba Bray's writing, and yet I keep on trying. There's just something about it that still sort of drags for me. When that is added to the juggled 
narration being more distracting that stimulating in this volume, I found myself constantly picking up other things instead. The plot is slow, and the storytelling doesn't carry it well. It probably doesn't help that I kind of hate the 1920's. A lot. Overall, this just probably isn't a very "Kelly" series. 

No comments :

Post a Comment